Bellamy Murphy - Isle of Hope Artist

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 | |

I just had the pleasure of meeting one of Isle of Hope's own artists, Bellamy Murphy, today. Bellamy and I had been talking on the phone for months about the oil on canvas she would gracously paint then donate for the Telfair Museum of Art's Silent Auction in February. Today, I finally got to meet her in the flesh and see her sweet house off Richmond Drive.

Bellamy is a self taught artist who has a way with the brush. She brings brightly colored crab and shrimp to life on canvas as well as more dramatic landscapes and gorgeous jewel toned oysters. These images have become beloved collector items for Isle of Hope residents and non-residents alike. 

Her approach is one-of-a-kind way and I can't wait to commission her to do some of my favorite Isle of Hope scenes like my parents' dock, the iconic oaks along Bluff Drive, or another view of Burnt Pot Island like the one she did for the silent auction.

For more information on Bellamy Murphywww.http://bellamyart.com/index.html

After publishing this post, I must admit I went and bought the crab painting (above) for my Mom at the the Gray Horse in Isle of Hope, soon to be featured!

No comments:

Post a Comment