Cedric Smith - Artist Looks to The Past for Inspiration

Friday, February 19, 2010 | |
I have been following Cedric Smith ever since I saw his first paintng in a home I was showing up in Atlanta back in 2007. There was this so-so house that had a few of his nostalgic paintings on the walls. Lets just say that the paintings showed the potential of the house and led to our contract! 

I was lucky enough to meet up with Cedric at his studio in Baldwin Park, one morning right before Thanksgiving. I was picking up his "Cold Lemonade" painting that he had graciously donated to the Telfair Museum's Silent Auction.

He showed me his studio in the attic of the bungalow that he shares with his girlfriend, Autumn.  Cedric told me  how he used to live in Atlanta's unique Mattress Factory Lofts near Grant Park and how he found his way to Savannah.

I was excited to know that Cedric actually takes some of the photos that he uses for his mixed media projects. Some of the faces on these pieces are actually neighbors' or friends' kids. So, yes, he can do a commission for you featuring a loved one against one of his nostalgic backdrops.

For more information on Cedric's paintings: http://cedricsmith.com/splash or
or Cedric's blog: http://vintageblood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment