Mais Non! French Food in Savannah!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 | |
I knew I was in for a treat when my friend, Linda, told me about Papillote. Linda is my first foody friend from Atlanta, the one who took me to my first (and only) five star dining experience and makes me eat the smelliest cheeses you can imagine. Of course I love her for this and am always up for whatever she recommends.

She called me excitedly from her hotel on her Iphone. She squealed excitedly into the phone, "My Urban Spoon ap has told me that we MUST eat at Papillote in downtown. Have you heard of it?"

I had, in fact, heard of the joint through the Savannah Development and Renewal Authority, but had not yet taken the time to explore. But I'm SO glad that I did! The duck confit with caramelized onions, sauteed spinach, and raisins was superb and had the crumbliest crust I think I've ever had.

And I LOVE the way you order at the counter and get to mingle with other diners. I actually ran into a friend from yoga training there and we all got to chat it up and rave about the food. Q'uelle coincidence (I'm sure I butchered that).

So kudos to Papillote and to Linda's "Urban Spoon" for letting me know about it!

For information on store hours and daily specials: http://www.papillote-savannah.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment